Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Yummy Salts & Cheater Pants Chicken Marinara

My friend Alisa gave me Bella Cucina Aromatic Savory Salt, citrus & fennel, for my birthday. This morning I made my favorite dish with them - an omelet with provolone and chives. My omelet didn't look pretty so you won't see a picture but it tasted delicious! You can also do this with scrambled eggs and that is so much easier. Bella Cucina has so many yummy things in their store in Virginia Highlands. Their website and blog are beautiful too. www.bellacucina.com 
Last night I made a great dinner in 45 minutes from start to eating - including time to snap a couple of pictures which I know my family is going to get tired of! When I have the time I make real chicken parmesan and it is wonderful. Last night I wanted a quick dinner. I still had some Gia Russa sauce in my fridge so it was Cheater Pants Chicken Marinara! Yes, I know you are getting tired of hearing about this pasta sauce. Good news for you, I finished the jar last night!

Cheater Pants Chicken Marinara
Thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Olive oil
Tomato & Basil sauce
Mozzarella cheese
Spaghetti

Preheat the oven to 350. Put some bread crumbs on a plate and dip your chicken cutlets in them. Brown the breaded cutlets in a tablespoon of olive oil - see picture. While the chicken is browning, put your pasta water on to boil. Be sure to salt it - about a tablespoon in a big pot of water. It should taste like sea water. Place the browned cutlets in a oven safe dish. Spread each cutlet with a big serving spoon size dollop of pasta sauce. Put extra sauce along the sided of the chicken to serve on your spaghetti. Top the chicken cutlets with mozzarella cheese and place the dish in the oven. The chicken is basically cooked at this point so all you are doing is melting the cheese and warming up the sauce. Put the pasta in the boiling water now and the chicken will be ready by the time the pasta cooks.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment