Saturday, November 20, 2010

Grilled Pork Tenderloin

The weather is fabulous and you should take advantage! Do some easy grilling!!! I think the best pork tenderloin is done simply. I season the meat with 1/4 tsp minced garlic, 1/4 tsp minced rosemary and salt & pepper. It is always delicious! A tenderloin only needs to cook about 25 minutes over a medium fire. It should be slightly pink and still moist.

And do you know how nutritious broccoli is? Vitamin C, calcium and fiber! Try drizzling steamed broccoli with olive oil & season with lemon pepper for an easy and healthy side!

Whenever I cook rice, brown or basmati, I season the water with this Knorr Caldo de Pollo chicken bouillon. You can find it in the mexican section of grocery stores. Knorr makes different recipes of bouillon for different countries. The Mexican version is one of my secret ingredients! It doesn't taste too artificial or too salty. Word of warning however, the picture on the back shows 1 Tbsp = 1 cube but the fine print says 1 teaspoon. It is a TEASPOON! I use 1 heaping teaspoon in 1 3/4 cups of water to cook 1 cup of rice. I like the Uncle Ben's brown rice (let it sit for 20 minutes after cooking). Caterina and Jack prefer Lundberg white basmati. All of this is available at Kroger.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment