Saturday, November 13, 2010

Grilled Chicken Cuban Style

The beautiful days in Atlanta this week inspired some time on the Big Green Egg. I think this chicken would also work beautifully on an indoor grill. It is flavored with lime, cumin and cilantro and was delicious! I made a little avacado relish and some brown rice which made a lovely weekday dinner. I took the skin off my chicken because I don't eat the skin and I like the flavors to be on the meat. Using olive oil spray keeps the moisture in. This is really easy & fast, folks!

Grilled Chicken Cuban Style
Chicken peices - skin removed
Olive oil spray
Fresh lime juice
Cumin
Garlic salt
Salt & pepper
Chopped fresh cilantro

Spray the chicken with olive oil spray. Squeeze lime juice over the chicken. I used half a lime on 4 pieces of chicken but it depends on how big & juicy your lime is. Sprinkle lightly with cumin. Sprinkle with garlic salt, salt & pepper. Top with a little cilantro. I used about half a teaspoon on 4 pieces. I let this sit in the fridge for a couple of hours because I had a meeting. I'm sure it could have marinated longer if that works into your schedule. If you're a last minute cook, dress your chicken first in your meal preparation and let it sit at room temperature while the grill is heating up and you get the rice started.

Let the chicken sit at room temperature while the grill heats up to 350. Chicken on the bone needs to cook for at least 30 minutes. 10 minutes, turn, 10 minutes, turn, 5 minutes, turn, 5 minutes turn. Boneless breasts for 20 (10 minutes per side), I think cooking chicken on the bone is easier because it is less likely to dry out. And let it rest for about 5-10 minutes before cutting.

Avocado relish
Diced avocado
Diced tomato
Lime juice
Tabasco sauce
Chopped fresh cilantro

The leftovers made a delicious salad (on a paper plate at The Big Chandelier!).
Red Boston lettuce & spinach
Diced grilled chicken
Red grapes
Gorgonzola cheese
Toasted pecans
Balsamic vinaigrette

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment