Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

I know pumpkin pancakes really don't scream "DINNER!" but I gave some to my friend and she wanted the recipe.  Hmm, I may have to change the title of my blog...

The pumpkin pancakes I gave to Alisa & Erin were made with my own pancake mix.  I decided to make my own pancake mix because it is less expensive and I can use more whole wheat flour.  One of my philosophies is to make food as healthy as possible but still considered edible by my 'white flour, junk food lovin' husband'.  To make this super easy, however, you can use a pancake mix.  I am going to ask you to forgo the trans(really, really bad for you)fats  found in most pancake mixes and buy Maple Grove Farms of Vermont Buttermilk & Honey Pancake & Waffle Mix.  You can get it at regular ole grocery stores.

This is a big batch that makes enough of these to freeze.  They are great to heat up in the microwave for a quick breakfast!

Pumpkin Pancakes
pancake batter made from 3 C of mix
1 can of pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground cloves
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg *

Mix together and cook on griddle!  Top with maple syrup.  I think toasted pecans would be delicious also. Freeze the leftovers separated by wax paper.

* Nutmeg - this is the problem with me giving you recipes. I grated some nutmeg from a nut over the mix and have no idea how much it was. This amount is a complete guess for regular ground nutmeg. It should be about right. Feel free to adjust!

Happy eating!  I'll pass on the pancake mix recipe in a later post!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment