Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday...

Here it is again - Friday without meat. Last Friday night we had some store-bought frozen cheese enchiladas that ended up mushy. Lesson - you can probably make it better fresh. However the Trader Joe's individual frozen spinach lasagna wasn't bad for lunch. Yes, I could have made it better fresh, however, I only have a microwave at The Big Chandelier and I didn't plan ahead. Today for lunch I will have edamame & a salad. I like the Trader Joe's fully cooked frozen edamame. And I need more soy as a middle-aged woman who gets very cranky! Tonight I think we are eating out - Mexican. Rice, beans and fish tacos are calling my name!

But here's a thought. My ancestors and Jacks were country folks who ate a lot of veggies. There's some evidence that our bodies are genetically inclined to process these foods better. The theory is that those folks with farming ancestors can process carbohydrates better than those who are descended (we're talking a couple of hundred years) from hunters and fishers. The hunter/fishers can process the animal fat and don't have as many issues with cholesterol. Interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment