Saturday, December 11, 2010

Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken

This was delicious! (I need to lighten up my picture, but I haven't loaded photoshop on this computer yet, sorry!) I was blogging last night and didn't have enough time to marinate the chicken very long so I made the marinade very flavorful. I made this up last night and didn't really measure so don't get carried away with the measuring spoons yourself! Loved the pasta as well.

Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken
1 1/2 Tbs dijon mustard
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 Tbs minced rosemary & thyme
1/2 Tbs soy sauce
pepper
3 Tbs olive oil
2 chicken breasts & 4 legs

In a large mixing bowl whisk together the first 5 ingredients then slowly whisk in the oil. Add the chicken, turn to coat and let sit at room temperature while the grill heats up. My grill was 400 degrees and I cooked the chicken 10 minutes, turn 10 minutes, turn 7 minutes, turn 5 minutes. I like to turn chicken multiple times so it doesn't char.

Mushroom Pasta
2 1/2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 carton of sliced mushrooms (baby bella)
1 tsp minced garlic
salt & pepper
1/2 lb of spaghetti (Barilla plus)

Cook your pasta in a big pot of boiling water that is generously seasoned with salt. The water should taste like ocean water. While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Saute mushrooms until golden brown - about 5 minutes adding the garlic for the last minute. Season with salt and pepper after the mushrooms have cooked. Using tongs, transfer the cooked pasta into the skillet with the mushrooms making sure some pasta water comes with it. Toss and enjoy!

I'd like to get some comments with some of your favorite chicken dishes!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ellen - here's a favorite chicken standby in my family for those busy evenings....dredge chicken tenders in whole or low-fat yogurt and then in seasoned bread crumbs - I use panko or just regular crumbs and then add my own herbs and spices, eg herbes de provence + cayenne + s&p (whatever you like). Place on a parchment lined baking pan and bake on 375 for about 25-30 min, turning once until both sides are golden...with some boiled new potatoes and a salad, it's a nice, quick and healthy meal.

    ReplyDelete