Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Italian Chicken Noodle Soup

Here's my regular, "I don't have enough time to cook" go to meal. If you make your own marinara for the soup it adds a little time. If you use store-bought, it is quick and easy. The secret ingredient? Parmesan rind! My parmesan wedge does not come with enough rind to make this soup as much as I like to have it. Therefore I buy parmesan rinds from Whole Foods. The little French roll in the picture comes from the Trader Joe's frozen section. We love bread at our house and these are a delicious must-have in our freezer!

Italian Chicken Noodle Soup
1 Box Chicken Broth
1 Cup Marinara Sauce
Parmesan rind
Chicken Tenders - 2 per person - cut bite sized
pepper
Rotini pasta (**Barilla Plus)
grated parmesan cheese

Bring broth and marinara sauce to a boil reduce heat and add parmesan rind and chicken. Season with pepper. Let simmer while you cook the pasta. In a large, separate pot cook your pasta using lots of water and be sure to add about a tablespoon of salt. Drain, place pasta in the bowl  and top with the soup. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and enjoy!

** I like this Barilla Plus Pasta! We do not like whole wheat pasta at my house but my family will eat this multigrain gem. They have added flax seed which is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acid (great for your brain, joints & heart) and legume flours for protein. It has a very close consistency to regular pasta. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment