Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pecan Crusted Pork Chop

Last week I found some thin sliced pork chops at Whole Foods and was inspired by their pecan crusted fish I had seen in the seafood department. To make the pecan crust I ground up the pecans in the food processor until they were about the size of grits. I then chopped some bigger with a knife and put them both in a bowl to dredge the pork chops in. I salted & peppered the pork chops then dredged them in the pecans and put them on a baking sheet. They were baked at 350 degrees in a convection oven for 20 minutes.

It's hard to tell from this picture (my iPhone can only do so much!) but under the pork chop is a potato pancake. I shredded some Yukon Gold potatoes on a large grater. I also grated some Parano cheese and diced a slice of provolone. While the chops were cooking I heated a skillet sprayed well with olive oil over medium heat and put in a layer of potatoes. I then layered in the cheeses and put another layer of potatoes down. To flip the pancake I slid it out onto a plate that was larger than the skillet, inverted the pan on top of the plate then holding the bottom of the plate flipped the whole thing over. This was a little scary but worked beautifully. I salted and peppered after it was cooked.

The salad had grapefruit & pecans in it. For the dressing I used:

1 part apple cider vinegar
a little finely grated onion
a little sugar
salt & pepper
3 parts canola oil, slowly wisked in

I hope you try some of these. They were yummy and healthy - well maybe not the potato pancake, but the pork and salad were quite healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment