Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jambalaya Kit

Add caption
Tonight I went to Kroger in search of inspiration. The produce section did not produce (hee,hee). The fish counter did not do it for me either. I picked up a block of organic ground beef but couldn't think of anything healthy to do with it. I also threw some chicken cutlets in the the cart but wasn't in the mood for Chicken Marinara. So I headed upstairs for a look around the natural food section and found some soup kits that looked interesting. I decided to give the Jambalaya kit a go. I had an uncooked chicken breast in the fridge (extra from soup) that I knew I could throw in there. I had Jack pick up some chicken andouille sausage from Trader Joe's on his way home. I must admit that I was skeptical; really, jambalaya in 40 minutes??? But it was really pretty good - nothing like Anne Schramm's but quite tasty none the less! Next time I think I'll add some shrimp as well as more chicken. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment